Services for blind & partially sighted people
We offer a range of specialist services to our clients and members of the public. This section of the website describes many of these services in more detail.
On behalf of Bury Council, Adult Care Services we are the Sensory Support for visually impaired people providing Early Intervention and Rehabilitation assessments and support.
You can also download a copy of our Adult Safeguarding Policy here.
Early Intervention Service
- Assessment of needs relating to sight loss
- Experienced staff with comprehensive knowledge of visual impairment
- Review for relevant level of sight loss and issue of Local Aurhority Registration
- Risk Assessment for home environment
- Provision of relevant equipment
- Referral on to relevant agencies
- Comprehensive assessment regarding rehabilitation
- Specialist training relating to regaining lost skills and learning new skills
- Mobility training
- Daily living training
- Assessment of home
- Lighting assessment
- Comprehansive Home or office-based Assessment
- Early Intervention Service
- Rehabilitation Service
- Hospital Information Service
- Eye Talk Support Programme
- Awareness Raising
- Advice and Information